After lot of trial and error with this recipe, I finally have a fail safe (even my husband can make) pizza dough recipe. Its so simple and easy that you will question why you ever ordered takeaway pizza.
This makes up 2 large pizza’s
- 2 Cups of Plain Organic Flour
- 1 tbsp of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Yeast
- Semolina for dusting
- Water as desired
- Mix flour, olive oil, salt and yeast together in a large bowl, after which you need to mix lukewarm water slowly as you are combining all of the dry ingredients together to then form a slightly sticky dough ball.
- Once you have the dough ball formed you need to place a wet cloth and leave it to rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take the dough (which should now have expanded) and knead it on a floured worktop. You want to really shape the dough for at least 7 min, after doing this you want to put the dough to a side covered for another 1 hour.
- After 1 hour your dough should be ready for rolling out. A tip when rolling out the dough use semolina instead of flour to stop it from sticking to the worktop ( this makes the pizza dough more crispy).
- Preheat your oven and start putting your tomato sauce base and toppings ready to go into the over for 30 min and Voila you have homemade pizza.
Let me know if any of you try this and share your fav toppings with me. I’m a creature of habit and always stick to Cheese and Tomato.