On a recent trip to Boots (this is the equivalent of CVS in the USA) to pick up some refills of my favourite products. I came across a new shampoo and conditioner from Palmers Oil.
I was a little taken aback as I have only ever seen their body lotions and skincare range specially for dry skin. So being in love with their body lotions and how amazing they have been on hydrating my skin, I decided to purchase the Conditioning Shampoo and Repairing Conditioner. Both of the product aim to hydrate, repair and leave your skin texture smooth and shiny.
I gave both of them a go for almost 2 weeks and below are my results:
- My hair never smelled better, the coconut scent which I know some see as being overwhelming but this was a big selling point for me.
- After using both shampoo and conditioner for the first time my hair was very shiny, soft and hydrated.
- I loved the fact that both products were clean as they were sulphate free, no parabens etc.
- Even though my hair felt soft on the first day after using it, I found that the following days my hair was greasy and heavy.
- Some would find the smell overbearing as it is quite strong.
- With the conditioner I found it difficult to wash it all out.
Overall I am a little disappointed with both the Shampoo and conditioner. I have thick, dry hair that seems to suck in a lot of moisture. So I was expecting both products to do the trick in taming my hair. I have however read reviews that for curly hair both shampoo and conditioner have worked wonders.
Would I buy again? Mhhhmmmmmmm not sure maybe for our guest bathroom, as I love love the scent.
Have any of you tried anything from the Palmers range? Please do share below in the comments.